#Dungeon23 Discussion Hub

Tried cutting some room shapes out and playing around with the layout.
Then named them

2 Likes

@bryansmiff that’s great.

Finally: the result (maybe) of three days worth of dithering over wilderness mechanics.

1 Like

Doodled out each chamber in this volcano dungeon. The concept being it can either be closed and concentrate the volcano’s energy or drained downed the Firewell.
The party would be trying to go in and drain it to calm the volcano.

This is the entrance room and description I’m jotting down in google docs. I started in my journal but realized the marker bleed was going to ruin all the pages lol. Index cards to the rescue!

1. FIREWELL ENTRANCE CHAMBER

2. 10’ YAWNING STONE WELL

3. CHANNEL IN FLOOR

4. BRASS DOOR ON WEST WALL

5. BRASS DOOR ON EAST WALL

6. DOOR SHAPED CHANNEL ON NORTH WALL

7. SCORCHED RUNIC EMBELLISHMENTS ON THE 20’ CEILING

1. EAST STATUE ROOM

2. 2 RUINED STATUES/1 INTACT

3. PLINTH THAT ROTATES ROOM

1 Like

I’ve managed to keep up with a room a day, here’s a look at Week 2! I’ve expanded out into the Hall of Perils where ancient trapsters could try to make their way past multiple deadly obstacles.

2 Likes

I really love seeing all these scans of physical work! Bravo to everyone and let’s keep it going! :grin:

1 Like

Back at my own project: Segments and Resistance.

I like your idea of Resistance. You can use just the concept of the scale of rolls required, or take it further as you have.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m slowly grinding my way through the mechanical end of things. :grin:

Well, it’s been a week! There has been a bit of slippage this week, but I’ve managed to recover. So, without further ado - here are rooms 15-21 of the Arena in the Cracked City of Xi’Tel.

Thoughts and feedback always welcome!

Great map! I was super busy over the weekend with Chinese New Year (my wife is Chinese so we celebrate it with her family) but I need to get cracking! Inspiring work as always!

1 Like

It’s Day 28 and time to show some progress. An overland map of the city has been created. Level 1 is almost complete. In this northern section the Arena is blending into Level’s 2 & 3 with entrances to both. Only a few more rooms to go!

@TheK5K that’s a really nice city map! The jagged borders-- am I reading those correctly as cliffs?

1 Like

Thanks! Yes. Although it ended up a mix of isometric and flat - those are indeed cliffs. Massive cliffs created with the Chasm when half the city fell into the sea. The Gods were angry that day! I’m considering colouring it which may add some clarity.

I think some color or other texturing might help.

1 Like

LEVEL 1 COMPLETE! After 31 days the first level of the megadungeon below the Cracked City of Xi’Tel is complete!

In addition to a room / day I’ve also created;

• An area map for the City of Xi’Tel
  • A Wandering Monster table
  • A summary of the level, including background/history

Bring on Level 2: The Sunken Cemetary!

1 Like

So after my initial attempt at writing out a dungeon I’ve had in my mind for a while I realized once I drew it in the little journal I had. It bled through to the next page messing up the area for the next room. After that I pretty much stopped haha.
I think I realized…I dont really need to do a mega dungeon, and I usually just prep something like that up as the players get into it. #dungeon23 not for me! Love seeing everybody making awesome stuff though and I’ll just keep trying to finish things when I can (consistent time to work on designing stuff has never been a reality for me).
I’m plugging away at making some creature cards-simplified stats in an easy to read format to have a deck of statblocks for a gm to use (example below) as well as writing a very basic Fantasy game system to go along with the Horror game “Slash”.
The idea being that I end up with 3 rulesets (a horror one, a fantasy one, and a sci fi one)that are similar,very light, and ideal for oneshots.

2 Likes

@bryansmiff It sounds like you should join finishit23! :grin: (No really, JOIN IT!)

@TheK5K :clap: Kudos! That is great work! How do you feel about your process? In a good groove? Got any productivity tips or tricks?

1 Like