OSR June Jam Hub

Here’s a hub for discussing all things OSR June Jam related. If you missed it, I talked about the jam in a recent video.

@bryansmiff, share away all your good finds!

I’m probably only going to check out the free ones cuz I’m cheap like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that!

Simple but a great useable package, hexmap and random tables. Seems like it’s got everything you need for a couple sessions eh? Anything you’d add?

1 Like

Some interesting “mini games” for specific magic use- heavy flavor

1 Like

I saw their post on r/OSR. I think they mentioned one “mini-game” was to say some poetry (or at least make rhymes) to cast. Do I have that right?

1 Like

Sounds on brand from what I saw. I read about 40% of it and there is a pretty involved system for musical spellcasting which could be VERY fun if you had a bard or somebody who wanted to dive in a little bit more to make their spellcasting feel uniquely theres. I’ve been toying around with magical instruments and using the learning of new songs/spells and sheet music/scrolls in my homebrew so I found that section cool.

It sounds cool but I think I’m wary of systems that place too much of an emphasis on the performative aspect of playing, as in: I need to be good at rhyming words or my mage is going to stink.

The vibe I got from most of the sections is that they are something you’d maybe to in between sessions? Like writing up little poems or whatever to recite as your spell, I like that idea since I’m always drawn to creating little things like that in between sessions.

1 Like