Numbered Hex Flower Map

Here’s a link to the PDF I use for the hex flower maps I use. They are all 6 hexes wide and scale. Depending on my needs I’ll go as low as 880ft and as large as 216 miles across. In between are 1 mile, 6 miles, and 36 miles. I usually start at 6 miles hexes. Seems apropos to the steam’s questions about how to address hexes so I posted it here.

1 Like

Reposted and added the Affinity Designer file here.

1 Like

Thanks! I will clean up (read: recreate in a more sensible form) and post my hex template as well.

1 Like

I don’t know if it was in this video or the next one, but you were wondering what to do with those WereBoars and WereBears.
Goblin punch had a very interesting post about Orcs and beastmen in general.
Beastmen are as the name suggest, all males.
They travel with animals as both food source and mating purpose.
Orcs are pigmen and rejected by the other beastmen.

There might have been a dispute a few generations ago in one of the two tribes wich resulted in the schism of the tribe.
Now they both accuse one another of the problem that Old Grabarn peed in Hataman’s boot to slow him in a race because he had an irritated foot.
Ok, enough nonsense.
This feud led to the separation of the tribe. Missing the mating herds they had, They needed to turn to some other female animals for survival.

For the were thing
Form changing could be based of magic, so they might all have this innate hability.
They could also disguise themselves has humans too.
But I kinda like the beastman vibe.

1 Like

I don’t think I came up with an idea on the streams but I did figure out a story for them offline.

Gross. :face_vomiting:

My idea also leans into a schism but a different sort of schism. This valley was once united and ruled by a king. The king had two sons. These sons fell under the sway of a sorcerer who manipulated them into open rebellion against their father. Ultimately the rebellion failed and, along with it, the sorcerer’s plot. The sorcerer punished them by unleashing a curse that turned one son and his family into the were-bears and the other son and his family into the were-boars.

Most of what you see on the goblin punch blog is either gross or disturbing. There is a lot of gore and mind buggling ideas in that thing.
Like the slime vampires that is a parasitic life form that reproduce by melting people from the inside and taking their identity.

1 Like