Jennell Jaquays Memorial Game Jam

This game jam is a memorial for the legendary game designer and Queer activist Jennell Jaquays…

This game jam seeks entries to include in a published book titled Return to Parinthros as a memorial to Jennell Jaquays.

• At the conclusion of this jam, we will hold a Crowdfundr to sell pre-orders for the physical copy of book and to collect donations.
  • All profit from the Crowdfundr will be donated to Jennell Jaquays’s family to help with medical and funeral expenses. Future profits from further sales of the book will be donated to Trans Lifeline.
  • If you would like to contribute to her family right now, you can use their GoFundMe as well…

The goal of this jam is create entries for a megadungeon book a la Caverns of Thracia that consists of level sized dungeon tiles. It will be a wire bound U.S. Letter sized book, so the maps can be placed right on a table for play. Submitted entries can take one of the following formats:

1. A fully illustrated, written, edited, and laid out spread consisting of one page for a map and one page for a map key
  2. An illustration of a map and a manuscript for a map key that is not yet laid out
  3. An illustration of a map
  4. A manuscript for a map key

I think I’m going to try to do this. Anybody else up for the challenge?

1 Like

I think I may watch from afar as to not overfill my limited hobby times :slight_smile: sounds cool though

1 Like

Got the bones of my dungeon level down: the temple complex of a demonic cult that masquerades as a charitable organization. We’ve got the overall dungeon level blocked out and came up with good ideas about the cult, what’s doing, and how it uses this space to do it.

1 Like

Here’s the near final (maybe.) version of the map, traced and tweaked by yours truly:

1 Like

Final (I hope?) map, now with a key!

1 Like

I posted some of the background information in my lore24 thread.

1 Like

in semi-related news

1 Like

I saw that. I’m sure it won’t change anyone’s mind but still nice to see.

1 Like