Now that we have a rough draft of our dungeon, let’s give it a second pass and flesh it out!
Great work today on the stream! Here’s the rundown of what we came up with. If I missed anything, please add it to the thread or remind me so I can add it in!
- What factions live here? Goblins and Undead.
- What other creatures live here? Giant centipedes, what else?
- How do these factions and creatures relate? The goblins and the undead are antagonistic.
Fleshing Out the Dungeon
- think about the connections between factions
- think about the layout-- can we amp up our designs, can we emphasize the 3-dimensionality, unorthodox linkages within and between spaces?
- create multiple access paths (loops)
- use motifs, patterns – establish patterns and then break them to call out to special details.
“Eternally I gaze above at what lies below.”
Statues gaze up at something symbolic above which represents a real thing below that area.
- broken statues-- put the right head on the right statue to find the correct gaze spot?
Water (from culture? religion?)
Cleansing, purifying, fountain, water-based mechanism (touch with wet hands)
- Offering bowls – fill with water to calm undead?
- Is the midden pit a destroyed fountain? Is that how the goblins got in originally?
- a “locally” magical ewer?
- midden pit becomes destroyed/repurposed fountain; central “holy” room to the tomb complex?
- expand galleries – longer, taller, alcoves-- pattern to statues in alcoves?
- cavern beneath fountain/midden pit that connects to sprung pit trap – underground river/spring?
- more small tombs for minor family, servants, pets, etc.
- integrate goblins areas more with the formal tomb complex